Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training
Wednesdays, 11am-2pm in Southwest Austin (location TBD)
January 24-February 21, 2018
This specialized course offers yoga teachers and childcare professionals the knowledge and tools they need to offer safe, healthy and fun postnatal yoga classes to new moms and babies. Presented by Jessica Goulding, E-RYT 500, YACEP, IAYT, who has 9 years of experience teaching and developing curriculum for postnatal yoga, this training will cover the many physical, emotional, and psychological considerations which are key to creating an environment where both parent and child can heal, grow, and thrive.
In this training, you will learn:
- the most beneficial postures and contraindications for postnatal yoga;
- songs, movement, and community-building activities that make a fun yoga class experience;
- how to lead both group classes and one-on-one sessions unique to this population;
- pertinent information regarding the pelvic floor, cesarean scars, and other anatomical and physiological considerations particular to the postpartum body;
- about emotional and mental concerns specific to the postpartum period, such as the "baby blues," postpartum depression, and isolation;
- a specialized sequence of class activities and time management tools to keep the flow of class in tune with the changing needs of the students;
- how to adapt your classes to the toddler years;
- to become a facilitator in community building, self-care, and creating a safe place for parents to share their celebrations, concerns, and questions during this tumultuous and exciting time of life.
- Course Length: 15 hours